Thursday, March 24, 2011

Morning Smiles

Katelyn woke up crying, which is unusual for her in the morning. She came into the kitchen and I asked her if she wanted breakfast to which she shook her head.
I then asked her if she wanted me to hold her. She shook her head and cried, "I want someone to read me a story."
Landon, standing by my side, shot his hand up in the air saying, "Me! Me! Me! I will read you a story."
He ran into the other room, "Let me go get a book."
I just shook my head laughing, wondering how little, upset Katelyn was going to react.
I sat on the floor by the heater vent and put her on my lap. She calmed down. We waited a moment before Landon came in with a book.
He, too, sat on my lap and opened the book.
He stared at the page for a moment, . . processing. . . processing. . . processing, handed me the book and said, "Here mom, you read it."

1 comment:

brooke said...

my sweet friend. you are such a good mama. look what you've done? you've done such a good job with those four that landy-love puts kate-love's needs before his. that's beautiful.