Thursday, February 17, 2011

Landonisms

I love the language and interpretations of two-year-olds.
Before the kids come to dinner we have them wash their hands. Last night Landon had it in his mind that he was not going to wash. Speaking of dinner I said, "Landon, go wash your hands or you are not getting any."
He stomped his foot and said, "But I want some any."

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . 

Last night the kids got some jelly beans. Landon ate all of his in one mouthful. When he finally swallowed he saw that the other kids still had some and he wanted them to share. No one was sharing.
Sweet Kate said, "I will share with you, Landon."
With a smile on his face he ran up to me and said, "Mom, look! Kate shared her belly jeans with me!"

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . 

Landon ran in the room and said, "Mom, that freaked me out."
"What did you say?" was my response, unsure if I heard him correctly.
Katelyn chimed in, "He said it freaked him out."

Wow, I did not realize my little ones had such language in their vocabulary.

1 comment: