Saturday, May 01, 2010

Our New Pet

Meet Slick, or Speedy, or Sticky (depending on who you ask).

 As I was unpacking the van, I saw this snail crawling (slithering? sliming? whatever they do) along the door. I asked Dalan and Aunalee to come and look what was in our van. Aunalee said, "Oh, that is Sticky. We found it on an avocado box at the place where we store produce."
To which I responded, "And you put it in the van?!"
"Yeah, it is our new pet. . . but how did it get out of the cup-holder?"













So here it sits in our window box of peas. As far as we can tell it is pretty content, very low maintenance, and extremely entertaining when it is awake. For now we know that it loves tulips and celery.


Apologies about calling it an it. We do not know if we acquired a male or female snail (I am not about to try and find out) and the kids don't agree on one or the other so, it is an it.

1 comment:

WX Ences said...

Well, I suppose if you have to get a pet, that's a good, low maintenance one to have! Kids crack me up...

Sorry to hear about your van and your garage. That sucks.

Oh, the other day the kids and I ate Mac-n-cheese with corn and I thought of you...oh the good old days...

Hope all's well!!!