Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Aunalee, the Collector

Aunalee, our six-year old, loves to collect things. Everything! She collects marbles, containers of all shapes and sizes, sea shells, chestnuts, stuffed animals etc. Last summer Preston had a bad sunburn on his back. As Aunalee was peeling off the skin she asked, "Mom, can I keep this, please?" (puppy face, begging).
Sorry to gross anyone out, but that is how extreme it can get. She has learned to ask me because I will have her throw stuff out that is just too gross or not allowed in my house (ie. dead skin, frosty cups and boxelder bugs). No, she was not allowed to keep the skin.
So, she lost a tooth the other day. She asked me if she could keep it but still get money from the tooth fairy. Nope. I really did not want a tooth collection in her room too. That lies on the gross side. Aren't I such a mean mom?
Aunalee put her tooth in one of her special containers and put it under her pillow. Not wanting the tooth fairy to take the container she wrote a note for her.
When the tooth fairy came to make the exchange she read this:
Please leave container and lev my towth and mone there to.

To which the tooth fairy replied:
You are a special girl. I will leave a drawing of your tooth. Thank you for leaving it under your pillow for me. Baby teeth sure are special to me. I left you a special coin.

The tooth fairy left a drawing as well as a Susan B. Anthony coin. Lucky girl!

Here is the note (before Aunalee showed us the note the tooth fairy left, she erased the part about keeping the tooth because she was embarrassed and didn't want mom to know that she went behind her back and asked the tooth fairy if she could keep the tooth):

No comments: